ESQ Ink is the voice of the Esquimalt student body. Our goal is to bring you relevant and interesting content written by YOU for YOU. Our publication is fluid and will be growing and changing throughout the year as we learn the business of print. This edition of ESQ Ink has been put together by a wonderful team of writers and contributors.
Team: Saskia van Beers, Julia Barron, and alumni Jaya Scott and Mr Orme.
We always welcome new members and will be delighted to receive submissions of original artwork, photography, poetry, or prose. Send your submissions to the editor at Esquimal.Ink@gmail.com.
Check out our current issue:
- Dracula & Frankenstein: No Makeup, No Filter
- Top 5 Movies to Watch While You Trade Candy Tonight
- It’s 2 am and I Still Need a Thesis for Tomorrow Morning But First Let Me Say This
- The History of Halloween
- America in Turmoil
- SHAD: “The best month of my life”
- Get involved: Youth Political Commons
- Games and more!
In previous issues:
- Give Up Entirely: 3 Reasons to Chill Out
- School Happenings: The Addams Family
- Reviews: Memoirs of a Geisha, by Arthur Golden, Pacific Opera Victoria’s Madama Butterfly
- Editorial – Police Body Cameras
- Current Events: Speaking the Truth: Victorious Voices
- Elizabeth May at Esquimalt
- University Advice: To the 2015 grads of Esquimalt High School & Conversations with Geneviève
- Games—Sudoku Special
- The Science of Love
- The Runway to Grad: Fashioning the Future
- Fourth Annual Music by the Dockyard!
- Love Week at Esquimalt
- Fighting for Fifteen
- Win for Net Neutrality!
- Fight for Safe Washrooms
- Assisted Suicide Legalized in Canada
- Letter to the Editor: Response to ‘The Clique Problem’
- Got Debt? No Driving!
- International Life: 10 Facts About Mexico
- International Life: This is Brazil
- Games (Wordsearch, Sudoku, KenKen)
- The Clique Problem
- Three, Two, One – Improv!
- Student Art and Poetry
- Leadership News
- Athletes of the Month
- Book News
- CIA Torture Report
- Ferguson and the Grand Jury Decision
- Racism in the Justice System
- International Dreams
- Seven Things You Didn’t Know About Turkey
- Differences Between Japanese and Canadian High Schools
- New Year in Japan
- Bethmännchen – German Christmas Biscuits
- Me and Canadians
- International Challenges: Hallway Interludes Featuring Giordano and Jupiter
- Current Events: Municipal Elections and Student Vote
- Ebola Epidemics and Politics
- School Happenings: Grad, Interact, Music
- Album Review: Hozier
- Rap Goddess Slandered
- Fashion Feature: Sartorial Geometry
- Poetry: Here I stand
Other issues have covered:
Esquimalt High School Travel opportunities
Club Activities (such as Anime, Glee etc)
School Sports Teams Profiles
What I wish I knew in High School
Exams: Bark worse than bite
Fine Arts Reviews