The Street: Homelessness in Victoria
Read Jody Paterson’s article on what life is like for people who are homeless in Victoria. Then check out the report she helped to write to solve homelessness in Victoria – the Mayor’s Task Force on Breaking the Cycle of Mental Illness, Addictions and Homelessness. For more information also go to Learning About Homelessness: A Guide for Senior High School Teachers written by Jennifer Hales and published by Simon Fraser University.
Me to We on MTV
Here’s proof that small actions can cause waves of change.
Transforming our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
Sustainability begins at school
UNESCO has declared 2005 to 2014 is the Decade of Education for Sustainable Development. Think sustainability and find out more about the Sierra Youth Coalition and ESCAPE‘s High School Sustainability Assessment.
- Amnesty International http://www.amnesty.org/
- Human Rights Watch http://www.hrw.org/hrw/
- INCORE: Internet Conflict Data Service http://www.incore.ulst.ac.uk/cds/countries/index.html
- GlobalHealthReporting.org http://www.globalhealthreporting.org/
- US Department of State Travel Warnings http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html
- All Africa http://allafrica.com/
- BBC News: Africa http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/default.stm
- CNN Africa http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/archive/
- Globalization101.org http://www.globalization101.org/
- Washington Post: Africa http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/world/africa/
- Washington Post: Search the World http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/worldref/country/front.htm
- Washington Post Special Reports (Congo, Nigeria, South Africa)http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/special.htm
- World News.com: Africa http://www.wnafrica.com/
- World Press Review: Africa http://www.worldpress.org/africa.htm