Except for those links identified as “OPEN ACCESS” the resources below are accessible through Esquimalt High School’s licensed research databases and require remote users to login. Usernames and passwords are available from the school library staff who can be reached by phone at 250-382-9226 ext 240 or by email.
- Dr. Shimi Kang – Neuroscience of Mental Health
- How to raise a genius. Nature.
- Is My Child Gifted? Scholastic Parent and Child.
- Fears and Anxieties of Gifted Learners. Gifted Child Today.
- How We Formed a Parent Advocacy Group and What We’ve Learned in the Process.Gifted Child Today.
- Gifted Child Today: Search in EBSCO
- Focusing on the Future. Gifted Child Today.
- Online Learning for Gifted Students from the Parents’ Perspectives. Gifted Child Today.
- Gifted Exchange: Blog about gifted children, schooling, parenting and education news OPEN ACCESS
- Hoagies’ Gifted Education, the all-things-gifted site, full of resources, articles, books and links to help and support parents, teachers, and gifted children alike. OPEN ACCESS
- Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes: The Value of Creativity and Imagination [Excerpt] Scientific American Blogs. OPEN ACCESS
- TED OPEN ACCESS
- TEDYouth OPEN ACCESS
- Distance education: where it started and where it stands for gifted children and their educators. Gifted Child Today
- National Association For Gifted Children OPEN ACCESS
- World Council for Gifted & Talented Children OPEN ACCESS
- Neag Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development OPEN ACCESS
- Johns Hopkins: Center for Talented Youth OPEN ACCESS
- Gifted and Talented. International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, 2nd ed.
- Developmental Psychology,International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, 2nd ed.
- Philosophy of Education, History of. Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Life, Meaning and Value of. Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Interdisciplinarity. The New Dictionary of the History of Ideas.
- Education. The New Dictionary of the History of Ideas.
- Humor. The New Dictionary of the History of Ideas.
- BC Ministry of Education: Gifted Education – A Resource Guide for Teachers OPEN ACCESS
- Nurturing the Young Genius: Scientific American Mind.
- Technology in Gifted Education: A Review of Best Practices and Empirical Research. Journal of Research on Technology in Education.
- Helping Gifted Learners SOAR. Educational Leadership.
- Gifted Child Quarterly
- Eminence-Focused Gifted Education: Concerns About Forward Movement Void of an Equity Vision. Gifted Child Quarterly.
- Avenues to Professional Learning Online: Technology Tips and Tools for Professional Development in Gifted Education. Gifted Child Quarterly.
- Gifted Students from Low-Education Backgrounds. The Roeper Review.
- The Asset–Burden Paradox of Giftedness: A 15-Year Phenomenological, Longitudinal Case Study. The Roeper Review.
- Students’ Self-Concept and Perceptions of Mentoring Relationships in a Summer Mentorship Program for Talented Adolescents. The Roeper Review.
- Teach To The Top; How To Keep High Achievers Engaged And Motivated. Instructor.