Check our school newsletter, The Docker and the school’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts for the latest information on school programs, events and support.
Students are welcome to contact the school office at 250-382-9226 to:
- visit the school to collect personal items
- borrow a school chromebook – read the letter from the school for more information.
- get other support that might be needed
As much as possible students should continue to be engaged in their learning so check sd61learn email account and Google classrooms for news from teachers.
April Report Cards are NOT going to be distributed. Students should contact their teachers if they have questions about their class marks.
Read The Docker for April 27th to May 1st for more information and guidelines for remote learning including:
- engaging with remote learning to graduate
- getting grades for current courses
- graduation assessments
- Career and Life Education and Capstone
- post-secondary transitions
- video conferencing guidelines
More information about remote learning is also available in the Minister of Education’s March 17th 2020 letter for background information about the BC Ministry of Education’s approach to supporting learning through the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
Check here for learning resources for ESQ Students [Google Drive]
- Anxiety and Depression
- Building Resiliency
- Mental Health in Uncertain Times
- Navigating Fear and Worry
- Positive Family Communication
- Resolving Conflict
Stay at home as much as possible. Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds. Maintain a distance of 2 metres from other people in public.
Go to BC’s COVID-19 Health website: covid19.thrive.health or call 1-888-COVID19. Phone lines are open 7 days a week from
7:30 AM to 8 PM, and information is available in more than 110 languages.
Government Announcements & Programs
Having trouble keeping up with all the COVID-19 news? Bowinn Ma (MLA for North Vancouver-Lonsdale) has compiled a summary of important public health orders and government resources in one list to help you navigate the sea of new information out there.
COVID-19 Regional Townhalls: April 17 – 23
We want to answer any questions you might have. From April 17 to April 23, health authority representatives from your region will answer your COVID-19 questions. Our priority is to keep people in BC safe and informed about the pandemic.
- Learn more ➜ each event will be co-hosted by two of your local Government and Opposition MLAs and be an opportunity for you to get to know your regional health authority representatives.
- Participate in the live stream ➜ on the BC Government Facebook Page.
- Submit your questions ➜ in advance of the virtual townhall sessions. Local health authorities will be answering questions about region or community responses, and future recovery.
Check the Esquimalt High School Staff shared Google Drive for more resources.