Esquimalt High School’s plan to ensure the safety of students and staff as we start this school year have been made with the following guidelines:
- District COVID-19 Exposure Plan
- BC Centre for Disease Control COVID-19 Public Health Guidelines for K-12 School Settings
- Provincial COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines for K-12 Settings
- Taking Your Student For a Mouth Rinse & Gargle COVID-19 Test
Check our school newsletter, The Docker and the school’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts for the latest information on school programs, events and support.
Students – check your sd61learn email accounts and Google classrooms for news from your teachers.
Maintain a distance of 2 metres from other people in public. Wear a mask whenever you are not able to mantain your distance and when you are in indoor spaces with many other people. Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
Go to BC’s COVID-19 Health website: covid19.thrive.health or call 1-888-COVID19. Phone lines are open 7 days a week from 7:30 AM to 8 PM, and information is available in more than 110 languages. More information is also available through the Government of Canada’s website at canada.ca/coronavirus
Government Announcements & Programs
Having trouble keeping up with all the COVID-19 news? Bowinn Ma (MLA for North Vancouver-Lonsdale) has compiled a summary of important public health orders and government resources in one list to help you navigate the sea of new information out there.
COVID-19 Regional Townhalls: April 17 – 23
We want to answer any questions you might have. From April 17 to April 23, health authority representatives from your region will answer your COVID-19 questions. Our priority is to keep people in BC safe and informed about the pandemic.
- Learn more ➜ each event will be co-hosted by two of your local Government and Opposition MLAs and be an opportunity for you to get to know your regional health authority representatives.
- Participate in the live stream ➜ on the BC Government Facebook Page.
- Submit your questions ➜ in advance of the virtual townhall sessions. Local health authorities will be answering questions about region or community responses, and future recovery.