UPDATED: Esquimalt High School Enhanced Safety Protocols April 1, 2022
Daily at home health check
The K to 12 Health Check website is an easy way to decide if your child should attend school based on their symptoms.
The decision to wear a mask or face covering is a personal choice for staff, students and visitors. A person’s choice should be supported and respected.
Students and staff should:
- Cough and sneeze into their elbow, sleeve, or a tissue.
- Throw away used tissues and immediately perform hand hygiene.
Keep a safe distance and maximize space
- Spread out
- Avoid sitting face-to-face
- Avoid crowding between classes in hallways, on stairs, outside
- Respect each others’ personal space
- Go outside as much as possible
|DAILY HEALTH CHECK|
|KEY SYMPTOMS||WHAT TO DO|
|Fever (above 38°C)||If yes to 1 or more of these symptoms:|
|Chills||Stay home. Contact a health care provider or call 8-1-1 about your symptoms and next steps.|
|Loss of sense of smell or taste|
|OTHER SYMPTOMS||WHAT TO DO|
|Sore throat||If yes to 1 symptom:|
|Loss of appetite||Stay home until you feel better.|
|Headache||If yes to 2 or more of these symptoms:|
|Body aches||Stay home for 24 hours. If symptoms don't get better or get worse, contact a health care provider or call 8-1-1 about your symptoms and next steps.|
|Extreme fatigue or tiredness|
|Nausea or vomiting|
- UPDATED: Provincial COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines for K-12 Settings for March 10, 2022
- Greater Victoria School District 61 COVID-19
- Taking Your Student For a Mouth Rinse & Gargle COVID-19 Test
Check our school newsletter, The Docker and the school’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts for the latest information on school programs, events and support.
Students – check your sd61learn email accounts and Google classrooms for news from your teachers.
Government Announcements & Programs
Go to BC’s COVID-19 Health website: covid19.thrive.health or call 1-888-COVID19. Phone lines are open 7 days a week from 7:30 AM to 8 PM, and information is available in more than 110 languages. More information is also available through the Government of Canada’s website at canada.ca/coronavirus
Having trouble keeping up with all the COVID-19 news? Bowinn Ma (MLA for North Vancouver-Lonsdale) has compiled a summary of important public health orders and government resources in one list to help you navigate the sea of new information out there.
- Provincial Support Programs
- BC Centre for Disease Control news about COVID-19
- Check here for translations of the BC Centre for Disease Control information.
Google Classroom, Zoom and GSuite Support
- Create your staff GSuite account here
- School District Tech for Learning Remote Learning webpage (updated regularly)
- SD61’s Tech for Learning website
- SD61’s Tech for Learning Google Classroom resources
- Great video tutorials for Google Classroom, Forms, Meet, and Add-Ons.
- Managing Participants in a Zoom meeting