May 3 @ 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
Students will have the opportunity to meet and ask questions to the candidates for the provincial riding of Esquimalt-Metchosin on Wednesday, May 3rd at lunch in the library.
For more background in advance, check out the links below.
BC provincial party leaders, including Christy Clark (Liberal), John Horgan (NDP) and Andrew Weaver (Green) have submitted video responses to student questions from across B.C. The questions touch on important election issues, including housing, education, the environment and the economy. View the questions and responses on the Student Vote BC 2017 election site: http://studentvote.ca/bc2017/the-leaders/
STUDENT FAQS ELECTIONS BC:
Can I vote? I’m looking for work. How can I apply to work the election? For answers to these and other election questions go to http://elections.bc.ca/resources/students-youth/
The campaign’s only televised leader’s debate takes place on Wednesday evening (April 26). Jointly broadcast by CBC, CTV, Global and CPAC, the debate will include Clark, Horgan and Weaver. The 90-minute debate begins at 6:30 pm.
Vote Compass is a great political spectrum tool to help people examine their political views and discover how they fit in the provincial political landscape: https://votecompass.cbc.ca/bc/
VoteMate.org is a voter engagement tool created by a 15-year-old Port Moody-Coquitlam student. The site includes party platform comparisons and profiles for most candidates. You can access the website here: https://votemate.org
- The Vancouver Sun has compiled all of their election coverage with a focus on the major issues.
- Global’s ‘BC Election 2017’ site is also a good source for provincial election news.
- CBC’s ‘BC Votes 2017’ page features detailed profiles of all 87 electoral districts in the province.
- The Vancouver Sun has broken down where the major parties stand on ’20 hot topics’
- Global has a look at the campaign promises made by the parties so far
- CBC’s ‘Poll Tracker’ continues to project seat and vote totals based on the latest data